Diamond Dope Down

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chris.sied@yahoo.com

Diamond Dope Down

PostMon Apr 15, 2024 3:22 pm

I am getting an error message when I go to DD. Any idea whats going on this time?

I realize that we are living on borrowed time, but hopefully we can resuscitate it and put it on life support for a bit longer.

Sweet Swinging 26

Re: Diamond Dope Down

PostMon Apr 15, 2024 4:54 pm

Life without the DOPE is gonna suck. But sadly the day seems to be fast approaching.

Adrian was a hero to everyone who used DD in the past 10+ years.

LeGrandeOrange

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 8:13 am

Without Diamond Dope, the advantage that the tech savvy managers already have in their analytics will be amplified to a degree that it may be silly to even play this game.

I really believe that it would behoove Strat to take over and maintain this site, or to at least contract with someone who has that ability.

I doubt that I will play anymore once my current batch of credits are used up unless a fix is found.

Is there a way in which we can petition Strat to address this issue?

Big Fred Whitfield

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 8:51 am

apologies for ignorance

what was the beauty, benefit, or specific assistance of diamond dope ?

i never used it being fairly new to online SOM, but see the outpouring of grief, seems that DD was quite valuable

what gives ?

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 9:01 am

DD is/was a website that gave you all the card data for every ATG card. You just put in the player name, picked a park, and it gave you the numbers of hits, outs, double plays, broken down even to type of ground ball. It was a great resource for comparing cards when building a roster because you could quickly look at how different players compared in different parks.

Backfire

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 10:00 am

I've never used it. I like to read the cards organically, keeping the bell curve in mind and viewing the colorful bars for percentages. I think that's enough to be competitive at perhaps all but the highest levels of play. The times I checked out Diamond Dope it just did not feel fun to me and I am very accustomed to using web tools in competitive games. Not to say it's bad but I just felt it wasn't for me.

Palmtana

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 1:06 pm

LeGrandeOrange wrote:....Is there a way in which we can petition Strat to address this issue?

Here's their email:

365support@strat-o-matic.com

Bballexec

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 2:20 pm

Are players willing to pay something for this? I wouldn't petition Strat to do something without indicating a willingness to pay something. Strat publishes a ratings guide for the yearly games for $15 a year. I have wondered why they don't do it for other card sets? The ratings guides give you the basic data. You would have to add your own analytics like NERF or Base Runs. Maybe Strat could add those as well. I would pay something $15-25 for it. Given the size of the ATG9 player set it probably couldn't be a printed thing. It would have to be electronic only.

andycummings65

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 3:15 pm

Update from Adrian:

"Got an update:

After looking into the issue, we can conclude that the server has been mostly corrupted with malicious files, we are now working on the resolve, please note that it might take 24-36 hours for it to work. Of course we will keep you posted in the meanwhile."

Sweet Swinging 26

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 pm

Adrian continues to be an ATG hero long after he stopped playing.

Click the Paypal Donate button folks.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats