Much Easier

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nevdully's

Much Easier

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Comments meant to be destructive to the community, any individual within the community, the game company, or its staff.

WOW!

Well that's certainly easier than doing a better job or being accountable. :roll:

Valen

Re: Much Easier

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Strike one. :lol:

Valen

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Hope you see the humor in that. Just could not resist. :lol:

On the humor side I noticed on the game page there is a Community link
under that there is a link to these forums and a link labeled Record Books
under that there is a tab column labeled Bullshit
Maybe that is where you need to post unhappiness. :lol:
By the way clicking on that tab brings up a page that says needs content. :lol:

I am wondering if this is replacing Mooses records page.

dharmabums

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 7:38 pm

nevdully's wrote:
Comments meant to be destructive to the community, any individual within the community, the game company, or its staff.

WOW!

Well that's certainly easier than doing a better job or being accountable. :roll:

Ditto on the WOW!

This is not encouraging. Basically says, "If we don't like you, we'll delete you from the community. So watch out!"
Maybe now we'll know that somebody might be listening to these forums, although censoring is probably a better word for it.

I've actually had good response from specific email requests that I've sent, but this community-wide communication process seems to be degenerating. Which I didn't think was really possible. :shock:

dinsdale

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 7:47 pm

I don't recall any comments that were intended to be destructive! That would seem like a pretty high bar to jump over! Suggestions for improvements? Complaints about a situation from long-time users who have spent hundreds of dollars? destructive - hardly. instructive!

coyote303

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 8:31 pm

dinsdale wrote:I don't recall any comments that were intended to be destructive! That would seem like a pretty high bar to jump over! Suggestions for improvements? Complaints about a situation from long-time users who have spent hundreds of dollars? destructive - hardly. instructive!

While the vast majority of comments were not destructive, sadly this line was crossed by a few: personal attacks, threats to sue, calling people idiots for supporting the game, calling the company names, abusive comments.

As I said in a recent post on the temp forum, criticism made in the spirit of “let’s make the game better” is good; criticism made with the intention of “I’ll hurt you because you disappointed me” is not.

I challenge the community to populate the wish list forum with “this feature is broken please fix” posts as opposed to “why the <bleep> isn’t the game fixed yet?”

danielz

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 9:10 pm

So who among us was selected to monitor posts and flag abusers?

dharmabums

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 10:02 pm

coyote303 wrote:While the vast majority of comments were not destructive, sadly this line was crossed by a few: personal attacks, threats to sue, calling people idiots for supporting the game, calling the company names, abusive comments.

This is the exactly the problem with such a threatening policy - the definition of offensive depends so much on perspective. I really didn't see anything much offensive from the numerous posts about the transition, other than some guys trying to shut up certain members. And this policy seems to be heading into that type of censorship. I really, really hope that I'm overreacting about this, but the very Big Brother feeling of how these forums have been working is not very encouraging.

Again, I've had good email responses to specific technical issues. But the way the forums have been handled has been pretty discouraging.

Valen

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Again, I've had good email responses to specific technical issues. But the way the forums have been handled has been pretty discouraging.

Handling of the forums has disappointed me as well. However, given that it comes from someone like yourself who does not automatically rubber stamp approval of everything that is done your statement you have received good responses to emails on technical issues is encouraging.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats