200M Frenzy

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

unesid

Re: 200M Frenzy

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 8:26 pm

I sent an email requesting to run the autodraft. This might not be the wish of the entire group, but at least no one is going to get screwed - everyone will have an equal chance for waivers.

nevdully's

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 8:32 pm

I agree completely

mike_miller

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 8:43 pm

im good with a waivers league...lets do it now!

nevdully's

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Here's another glaring example of things going from bad to worse

Bad, just like the past 10 years in this way...The problem here is, selecting to Frenzy when that option is not currently available...How any new customer would know this is beyond me...but the sloppy careless management here doesn't even consider that....it doesn't temporarily remove that option...or grey it out....or post next to it in red shiny letters "temporarily unavailable" This sloppiness is par for the course.

Made Worse now, because in the past, once this mistake was brought to Bernie's attention he would have been much more pro active, communicative and have the problem solved much sooner...Yes when a specific league problem got to Bernie he was Johnny on the spot 24/7 most of the time....now with this gag order placed on or by him, the response is "probably fixed in a day" ...What an unwanted mess for customers wanting to play...typical bad, now made worse.

:roll:

Badjam

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 10:15 pm

It's looking like switching a league to a waivers league from a non waivers league is causing a problem. I agree with Nev. Looks like a guy that is not familiar with creating leagues set off quit a chain of events just because he checked off an option that was available to him. Stunning. Add to that the policy of not being allowed to talk to us except through e-mail leaves everyone wondering what the delay is. This league filled at around 4:00 this afternoon and we are left to check this web site every half hour or so to see if there is an update or an autodraft ran. :shock: :?

Morpheus

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 10:51 pm

When I signed up and I looked at the rules as posted by SOM

The Waivers System (Salary Cap Auto Draft)

The Waivers System was designed so that all managers have a fair shot at the free agent pool after the Auto-Draft. For about 36 hours after the Auto-Draft happens, all undrafted players are available on Waivers. Teams may place Waiver Claims on any available players, and after the Waivers Period is over, each of the claimed players is awarded to the team that won the rights to that player, according to the Waiver Priority system. After the Waivers Period is over, all free agents become available on a first come, first served basis, and all pickups are then immediate.

- How do I place a Waiver Claim on a player?
- How long is the Waivers Period?
- How are the Waiver Claims processed?
- How is the Waiver Priority determined?
- How many Waiver Claims can I make?
- What difference does the order of my Waiver Claims make?
- How do I change the order of my Waiver Claims?
- Can I drop players outright during the Waivers Period?
- Can I offer and make trades during the Waivers Period?
- What is a "Frenzy"?
A "Frenzy" is what happens when a league is set up with no Waiver period after the draft - all undrafted players are immediately available for straight pickup the second after the league's Auto-Draft is complete. This "feature" is for diehards only, and they choose to participate at their own risk. All Auto-Drafts are scheduled to occur shortly after midnight ET for the convenience of our players, but Strat-O-Matic.com does not guarantee perfect timeliness and accepts no responsibility for any circumstances arising from a delayed Frenzy.

Based on this I assumed league would draft at midnight EST .. did I miss something? Draft should run in a little over an hour from now ..

The header of ...

ATTENTION: "WIN!" LEAGUE

Update, Sun. 8/26: Automated scheduled frenzies are not supported yet (though we offer the frenzy option for theme or externally drafted leagues that don't require a waivers period). So we'll work with you to schedule a frenzy time that works for everyone. If you can agree on a time, and submit a request to onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com, we can make it happen.

Makes no sense to me ??

unesid

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 6:19 am

Dear SOM Management,

Would you please run this as an autodraft in the very near future.

Signed,

League Managers :roll:
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats