2024 Players Event #1 NOW LOADING !

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

2024 Players Event #1 NOW LOADING !

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 12:13 pm

A couple more weeks of signups and we will lock in Event #1. Next week I will send out an email to all players, requesting to know what CAP you want to use for the Event #1 CHOICE. You can use 60, 80 or 100. All leagues are DH.

The sooner I get your reply, the sooner I can lock you into that CAP. Wait too long and you may have to take whatever is left. With a first pitch of Apr 29, I will be creating leagues on April 19. The players for those caps wil be randomized and put into - what my best guess will be 3 leagues of each cap. I create private leagues and send "INVITES" to both your email address and your SOM name. You will get an email from SOM and that will get you into the league without needing a password.

Leagues will be set up as DH, 5-10-20% drop rule, waivers, start date first monday following draft and 10% league drop ceiling. Not sure yet if I will overinvite players to leagues like I do Barnstormers. I do always ask that you mark your team as READY FOR THE DRAFT within 24 hours after loading your team. I also have a tendancy to send out a lot of NAG emails when you fail to do this even to the point of removing your team from the league in favor of another player or filler. There is just NO NEED to take longer than that to adjust your team.

Keep in mind that the very nature of private leagues with INVITES means that you instantly put your team into the league as most likely UNREADY and you can make all the changes you want to your DRAFT LIST, RANKINGS, and STADIUM without removing your team from the league. Jumping in using the INVITE is a PLACEHOLDER, but please focus on finishing your team to avoid delaying the draft. Please be considerate of your fellow league mates who can't wait for the draft to run.

You will find my tolerance level to be extremely LOW particularly if everyone is waiting on a single player and that being YOU.

Moose

mighty moose

Re: 2024 Players Event #1 preview

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 12:02 pm

After receiving MOST of the results of the CAP requests, it appears that 60 Mil had the least request. Therefore, 60 has 12 players and I consider this CAP locked. There will only be 1 league at 60 Mil. With 12 left to tell me whether they want 80 or 100, I have 38 committed to 80 Mil and 21 @100.

So my guess is 5 leagues at 80 Mil and 2 leagues at 100 Mil. (updated 4/13)

I continue to take signups and I hope that the other 5 tell me what they cap they want to play soon. I've already sent two mails so I am learning who the procrastinators are.

88 signed up as of now. I don't think we will get our 120 :cry:

Moose

mighty moose

Re: 2024 Players Event #1 preview

PostMon Apr 15, 2024 7:44 pm

Yes, I started Event 1 early. INVITES have gone out to all 88 that have signed up. 5 still have not declared what cap they want for the Event 1 CHOICE, so only 80 Mil is left and they have been invited there. I will monitor the league loading and will send out reinvites as necessary.

If you did not get your SOM invite, let me know at my email address.

Moose

mighty moose

Re: 2024 Players Event #1 NOW LOADING !

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 11:41 am

We are sitting on 89 players, which is 1 more than last years 88. Signup can continue until the start of Event 2 which is a month away.

There are 76 loaded into leagues so far, with 13 having been sent INVITES but not loaded yet. No time to panic, I will send out emails and reminders in a couple of days. SOM has also been fed the league numbers in order to populate our main standings page.

80 Mil will be the only CAP left and 80 Mil League 5 will likely need fillers. If you want to play an 80 Mil Filler team let me know.

Any league that is loading, if you fill AND DRAFT by the Friday deadline and your start date is generated before Apr 29, I will manually adjust the start date, giving you another week to fine tune your teams.

Players is ON !!!

Mighty Moose

mighty moose

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 6:31 pm

A player asked me if they "had to" play the league they got the invite for or could they join other leagues at that cap?

Nope, all players at a particular requested CAP were randomized for a reason. No more league hopping. For one thing, it isn't fair for one person to think they are "clever" enough to look for "softer" leagues. And on the other hand, I am monitoring the league loading process and putting people down on my spreadsheet as "loaded" so that for the REST of those who haven't loaded, I can send out an email. (And NOT send an email to those that have already loaded) I dont want to be fumbling around wondering WTF happened when one player joins a league and then "hops" out of it into another.

That's why I use "Private" leagues with INVITES and PASSWORDS and that's the MOOSE'S way ! :D

awesomepossum

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 6:44 am

I'm hoping you will be giving a nice kick in the pants to those who are loaded but not ready! Let's play ball!!

mighty moose

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 10:30 am

Only 7 left to load and 1 new signup. Yes everyone who has not marked their team as READY will be strongly encouraged to do so. 80 Mil league 5 will need fillers to complete it. Anyone not in that league feel free to play a team there. It may also be moved to public at some point.

keyzick

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 10:27 am

Waiting 2 days now on 2 managers to click Ready To Draft in League 1...

mighty moose

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 pm

That's 100 Mil League 1 - yes I know. At least 3 emails have been sent, another one just now.

mighty moose

PostFri Apr 19, 2024 7:54 pm

80 Mil League #5 has been moved to Public, to gain 4 fillers. 100 Mil has 1 more to load and 2 more to mark as READY. Heard from the one that needs to load, I am hearing "saturday" and 1 of the 2 who needs to mark their team ready will also do so tomorrow. (He has been in the hospital, sorry) Just one more to hear from. If I don't hear from him soon, I will remove the team and play it myself as a filler.
Next

Return to --- Player's Championship