2024 Players' Championship needs a commissioner

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

Palmtana

Re: 2024 Players' Championship needs a commissioner

PostFri Mar 08, 2024 3:56 am

With the conclusion of the playoffs, the countdown begins. Which will occur first? Someone steps up to be the new Commissioner or the 2024 PC is canceled.

gbrookes....J-Pav....Keyzick....Mr. Baseball World....Jeepdriver....barrmorris....(Your Name Here!)

mighty moose

PostFri Mar 08, 2024 10:49 pm

I'd consider it, but a lot of changes would need to be made. I run with emails, and likely I would want to recruit a board and rules might change. Etc Etc Etc, I don't usually play in the tournament myself but I would have to invoke the "invite" system with private leagues - catch my drift ?

I mean I hate to see this thing shrink up and die, but I have my own way of doing things.

Moose

XHowser Jr.

PostSat Mar 09, 2024 2:25 pm

mighty moose wrote:I'd consider it, but a lot of changes would need to be made. I run with emails, and likely I would want to recruit a board and rules might change. Etc Etc Etc, I don't usually play in the tournament myself but I would have to invoke the "invite" system with private leagues - catch my drift ?

I mean I hate to see this thing shrink up and die, but I have my own way of doing things.

Moose

I would say this is the best news I've heard in a long time. For anyone who plays in the Barnstormers, they know how well that is run. MM does an amazing job. I would say any changes he wants to make would be for the better.

MM, if you do take it on and need board members I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. I just don't have the knowledge, understanding or time to actually run things.

awesomepossum

PostSun Mar 10, 2024 3:12 am

Moose, you are a glutton for punishment but I would vote for you!

hendrix08

PostSun Mar 10, 2024 2:29 pm

I'd be in favor of Moose's proposal. I'd be happy to help if needed.

mighty moose

PostSun Mar 10, 2024 5:12 pm

awesomepossum wrote:Moose, you are a glutton for punishment but I would vote for you!

No, I'm just in my senior years so I have more free time than I used to. I like to see all of you have a good experience and challenge yourself. Team building is still fun and that great reward winning a spot at getting your family to see an MLB game is it's own reward. I've always enjoyed that experience myself. Even though my A's will be headed to sin city.

Would like to hear more from the regulars here on what changes you might like to see. I know you don't do stadium "groupings" here but the tournament still needs to be challenging.

Again, I would would require all participants to provide me with an email address, which would not be revealed to anyone. All emails I send out use the BCC parameter. It just seems to work well for Barnstormers and a better way to contact people. If you are not willing to provide it, I would not be willing to commish this tour.

MM

Ron4yanks

PostTue Mar 12, 2024 9:04 pm

if you run it I will play. I have played the last few years.
Last edited by Ron4yanks on Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

dalekeener

PostWed Mar 13, 2024 8:59 am

Moose comes with glowing recomendations it seems, so I would vote for him and any changes. Regardless of how we do in the tournament we all enjoy playing. Having some league rules and guidlines would be fine with me. The better leagues I have been in in the past run better with a league constitution and specific set of rules and instructions. I don't want the Players Championship to fade away. So, I cast my vote for Moose.
Last edited by dalekeener on Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mighty moose

PostThu Mar 14, 2024 5:13 pm

Guys, I really haven't made a decision yet so for the two who have posted your email here, please remove it or you'll be subject to spambots. When and if this will be happening, I will post MY email address here. I would also need to get moderator status on this forum so I can edit and delete posts.

At the moment, I am just trying to gauge the sentiments of the membership and at the same time, am still in discussiosn with SOM. Before it becomes a reality, SOM will be engaged to offer their embellishment of the prizes and get their spin on whether this continues or not.

Thanks for the support so far.

MM

chaberlal

PostThu Mar 14, 2024 7:49 pm

damn... for sure...

I'M ALL IN FOR THE MOOSE...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PLEASE... GIVE HIM THE REIGNS AND FULL POWER !!!

JUST LOOK AT THE WAY HE'S BEEN RUNNING THE BARNSTORMERS EVENT...

NO ONE WOULD DARE MISS IT...

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE MOOSE AND HIS OVERSEEN CHANGES !!!

LET'S ALL HAIL THE MASTER...

Charles

:P :P :P
PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship