I Challenge You!

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

hackra

I Challenge You!

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi all,
I have just put together my very first draft list for Back to the 80's.
It is my first attempt at the decade (70's 80's or 90's) mystery games and although my team may suffer from inexperience, I need some managers to show and teach me how it should be done.

Please put a team together and see if you can beat this newby!
I've called the league "Doc's challenge" - 80 mil, 5/10/20, NO DH
:P

Ducky

Re: I Challenge You!

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Hate to say this, but it is going to take a while to fill this league since you've set it up as non DH.

Mike

hackra

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Are the 80's managers all AL guys? :roll:

I am willing to go to DH if needs be.

There is a DH league already around called "fall classic", I'll enter it if it will give the hesitant vets some solace at trying to trounce my squad , as I still would like to try the 80's game sometime soon. At this moment I'll shoot for 81 wins or more with swapping my squad to the Jr. circuit rules.

djkalle

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 7:34 pm

I guess I always assumed that most players liked more hitting rather than the non-DH game.

I don't play that many teams at one time and usually want to know when a league starts before I join. Even though I would love to play a non-DH league and have played 27 80's teams, I have yet to join non-DH league because the timing has never been quite right for me.

You do get a variety of players. Some just want to play. Others both play and are ready to help you out. Hope you have some of those helpers in your first league.

hackra

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 9:14 pm

Thanks for the comments DJ.

So Far 7 teams in the DH league....5 to fill
:)

moodinator123

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 10:40 pm

In real life I consider the DH to be complete b.s. and should be abolished. In strat world, where I have yet to find a rhyme or reason for HAL's substitutions, pitching changes, I shy away from giving him even more control. Plus I'd prefer to bat the pitcher 8th and put a speedy guy with lower OBP (Vince Coleman, Gary Pettis type) at the 9 spot to have a 2nd leadoff, while moving my good hitters up a spot to get more ABs. If I was in a live league where I got to make all the managerial decisions I'd only play non-DH NL rules.

hackra

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 10:57 pm

moodinator123 wrote:In real life I consider the DH to be complete b.s. and should be abolished. In strat world, where I have yet to find a rhyme or reason for HAL's substitutions, pitching changes, I shy away from giving him even more control. Plus I'd prefer to bat the pitcher 8th and put a speedy guy with lower OBP (Vince Coleman, Gary Pettis type) at the 9 spot to have a 2nd leadoff, while moving my good hitters up a spot to get more ABs. If I was in a live league where I got to make all the managerial decisions I'd only play non-DH NL rules.

I'm very much with moodinator. Love the Larussa approach. (I'm a White Rat fan myself) :mrgreen:

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s