Newbie w/ potentially very newbie question

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

ERBinCLT

Newbie w/ potentially very newbie question

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 6:46 pm

First post - although I did search for an answer, no luck...

Played the card version for years and now after about a 25 year hiatus discovered the 80s online edition and LOVING it!

My question...
Some of the player cards in an 80s league actually will have a late 70s or early 90s season(s) included - would one of these seasons potentially be the one I am "using"?

Thanks for helping out...Eric
:?

BigAMcInroy

Re: Newbie w/ potentially very newbie question

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Welcome to the addictive world of mystery card stratomatic! Yes it can be any of the five years listed.

The Conndor

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 8:08 pm

In all of the mystery league card sets, "overlap" years were used on some player cards. So, in the 90s set, some guys will have seasons from the 80s and/or the 2000s as one of the choices... and so on. In order to find enough players with 5 qualifying years (enough AB or IP), and in some cases to eliminate "monster" cards or to include at least one "down year", the Strat gods were flexible with the years they used.

You can be assured that the season you have is one of the 5 listed on the card, whatever year it is from. The fun part is trying to figure out which one. There are a couple of excellent threads here for newcomers on how to "read" mystery cards to help determine which season you might have: I think at least one is posted as a "sticky" at the top of this board. They were written and commented on by some of the great players in this community (far better than me, at any rate) and are really very helpful.

Welcome aboard. You are hooked now.

ERBinCLT

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 8:17 pm

The Conndor wrote:The fun part is trying to figure out which one. There are a couple of excellent threads here for newcomers on how to "read" mystery cards to help determine which season you might have: I think at least one is posted as a "sticky" at the top of this board. They were written and commented on by some of the great players in this community (far better than me, at any rate) and are really very helpful.

Welcome aboard. You are hooked now.

I read about the injury "tell", but now you have me intrigued and will look for the threads.

Thanks to you & Big for the replies.

fatdaddy054

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Welcome Eric. The TSN Forum archive is a good resource for the mystery game, you will find it in the header of the forum page.

Good luck and hope to see you in a league.
Paul

http://forum.onlinegames.strat-o-matic. ... 16&t=10283

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s