MrBBW's Collusion Team Challenge

MrBBW's Collusion Team Challenge

Postby Mr Baseball World » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:48 pm

At this point I am trying to gauge interest in this idea. If interest is shown I will come up with a specific plan factoring in thoughts of perspective entrants. No commitment at this point just gauging the interest.

The entrants in this would be divided into teams of three managers(you form your own three manager teams). Each manager would be placed in a seperate division for the league. It is hoped that there would be interest by more than 4 teams of three managers and some type of tournament/tour format would be arranged. The three managers for each team would be allowed to collude with each other to the full extent possible(ie throw games to teammates, uneven trades, back and forth trades of pitchers etc). There is I believe a TSN limit on roster turnover so that after so many trades, no more would be allowed(150 players on the roster with each different time a player is on the team counts as another player was the rule I believe when this was done in ATG I). That will have to be determined.

Leagues would be 200 million, dh, live draft. Could change

The details that will be figured out if the idea creates interest:

1. Thinking now there would be 3 leagues for each team in Round 1.

2. Point system would be set up with one team designated to have their wins count double. Essentially an incentive to create a superteam in each league/throw games. Also x number of points for making playoffs, winning titles,etc. Possibly points for leading the league in runs scored, possibly designating a team to lose and giving points for that teams losses as well. Just typing as new ideas spring so may look back and say some of these would definitely not be implemented.

3. Some sort of prize for the ultimate champions. Possibly credits and/or a trophy. Also possible to do this in other formats as well

Obviously a lot to figure out and lots of possibilities. If interest is there I will try to at least narrow the ideas/rules so people can see whether they want to do it or not. Post here if you have interest(no obligation) and post suggestions/thought of what sounds good/bad in this post.

MrBBW/ Rick
Mr Baseball World

Postby Mr Baseball World » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:19 am

Last call.

Where are the "White Plains gang" when you need them? :shock:
Mr Baseball World

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats