HAL got to sort this out

HAL got to sort this out

Postby dbrisner » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:04 am

Eight teams in this league finished above .500. One of them, Rubber Soul, entered the final 3-game series ultimately needing to win 2 of 3 against a last place team to lock up the wild card but got swept and missed any chance of winning the tiebreaker for the wild card. Anyways, five teams ended the season w/ identical 83-79 records. Only two of them got playoff invites.
[url]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/atg2/playoffs/standings_regseason.html[/url]
dbrisner

Postby Munich_Man » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:26 am

This was my "Worst Defensive Outfield Ever" team, with Hack in Center, Greenberg in LF and Keller in RF. three of us finished tied for 1st with 83 wins in one division. I have to say, if I had had any kind of real defense in the OF, I could imaging i would have won at least 10 more. The only player who performed well enough offensively to justify my using him again was Keller, whom i use anyway, just in LF not RF. I might think about using Hank again, but only combined with a Dom/Dawson and Furillo/Clementy/Cuyler type.

What a fun league! Tight race all the way to the end. I need a sweep to take the division, only managed 2/3. Lots of fun.

Sure is funny seeing "1st place" and "missed playoffs" on my team list, though.

(_)ß
Munich_Man

Postby Moriarity » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:24 pm

Being one of the five 83-79 records, my clods didn't deserve to get in with their fantastic 3-10 stretch run. :oops:
Moriarity

Postby sschu » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:47 pm

Yes, I had good chance to get the wild card also, but could not capitalize. I still do not know how the wild card was decided, HAL will not respsond to my requests for clarification. The rules tell how two team and three team tie-breakers are decided, they don't mention, near as I can tell, how a four team tie-breaker is decided.

Fun league, I has massive early season injuries that really hurt me, but that's what happens when you take those 15 gamers.

sschu
sschu

Postby dbrisner » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:11 pm

Geez, it was some league. My Undertakers team was only like 41-40 at the halfway point, when only 1 game separated the four teams in my division. The 2nd half was a different story. Just took a hot streak for one team to stage a breakaway and I was lucky enough to get enough pitching to do it. Dizzy, Tippy M. and "Boo" Ferriss got incredibly hot down the stretch. A shame we didn't have an 8-team postseason tourney to settle things.
dbrisner

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats