forbes thoughts?

Postby GREGKOESTER » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:26 pm

You really have to cut those errors at short. If you're a Bush fanatic then get a backup that can play def. Then you could at least pull Bush with a lead. Hmmm could Crosetti and Bush be a combo? Hadn't thought of that before. Your pen is too weak for those starters, or your starters are to weak for your pen, take your pick. I haven't had consistant luck with Holtzman or Boyd at Forbes. In those same price ranges Knepper and Buhl have done well. I would get one of those guys and upgrade the other to whatever money permits. Mullin has done well for me there. You could downgrade Hubbell and have more money for a 3rd starter. Mullin, Pollet, Hughson, Knepper perhaps.
GREGKOESTER

Postby Bunze0 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:42 pm

my division is another forbes, plus griffith and candlestick 62 so all pure pitcher parks
Bunze0

Postby The Last Druid » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:23 pm

Well that makes it easy. Lose Hubbell. Clemens, McLain or Scott should be your ace. If you can't get them get Walters. Hunter would be great too in that park. Keep Boyd for sure. Hughson should be OK there but I prefer guys that give up more #'s, in your division they'll all be caught. Bruce Hurst could be very effective for you with that team. Possibly better than Hughson. Holtzman doesn't have enough #'s, so you are overpaying for him given your division. Wilson, Knepper or even better Cuellar are better than Holtzman in your park -- even aside from the money. If I knew that would be my division: My staff would be Clemens, McLain, Cuellar, Hunter. Get guys like Bahnsen, Ron Taylor etc. Don't spend more than 30 M on pitching, you can get an awesome staff for that division with that limit.
The Last Druid

Postby The Last Druid » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:24 pm

Well that makes it easy. Lose Hubbell. Clemens, McLain or Scott should be your ace. If you can't get them get Walters. Hunter would be great too in that park. Keep Boyd for sure. Hughson should be OK there but I prefer guys that give up more #'s, in your division they'll all be caught. Bruce Hurst could be very effective for you with that team. Possibly better than Hughson. Holtzman doesn't have enough #'s, so you are overpaying for him given your division. Wilson, Knepper or even better Cuellar are better than Holtzman in your park -- even aside from the money. If I knew that would be my division my staff would be: Clemens, McLain, Cuellar, Hunter. Get guys like Bahnsen, Ron Taylor etc. Don't spend more than 30 M on pitching, you can get an awesome staff for that division with that limit.
The Last Druid

Postby Bunze0 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:44 pm

thanx , grabbed scott. problem im having is my hitting
. with all the small ball teams in league. free agency pretty thin. got any ideas petrosian?
Bunze0

Postby The Last Druid » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:10 am

Which positions and who is available?
The Last Druid

Postby Bunze0 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:56 pm

here is how i sit right now. i feel i need a power against lefty guy somewhere. i still got 2.5 i can spend.
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/atg2/team/team_other.html?user_id=73626
Bunze0

Postby Bunze0 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:58 pm

free agency is filled with alot of talent. usually guys you use bphr's.i could up grade dom to dawson or my 3b to boyer. 1b available is powell , cooper, murray. i had luderus i dropped him for non injury ripper. thoughts please.
Bunze0

Postby egvrich » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:22 pm

Don't like the Dayley and Staley combo. Turn the two of them into one stud RP.

I know some people love Ripper, but I'd drop him and pick up Cooper. If you upgraded from Bush to an Aparicio, Fernandez or Chapman, you'd have an awfully tight defense.

Boyer for Jimmy Collins??? More power, no injury risk ....... tossup there.

Otherwise, love the team, who the heck are you in a league with that you got Sanguillen, Meusel, Dom, Ripper, E.Collins and Yaz. Plus, Cooper on the wire??? Is it too late to join??? :wink:
egvrich

Postby Bunze0 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:38 pm

haha. thanx for advice. its a real manger strong league. there are like 6 forbes teams and 3 grifiths and a couple candlesticks. its gonna be a pitch league. who do you consider a stud rp for forbes?
Bunze0

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats