thoughts on this team anyone? made changes.

thoughts on this team anyone? made changes.

Postby Bunze0 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:46 pm

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/atg2/team/team_other.html?user_id=76886
rest of division yankee 56, polo 11, and west side 6
Last edited by Bunze0 on Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bunze0

Postby NEILKAHN » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:20 pm

I know Money is better vs. righties, but I would try to get a couple more lefty bats so that you do not turn Steve Crawford into Dennis Eckersley vs. the Bullies.
NEILKAHN

Postby LMBombers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:24 pm

Take what I say with a big grain of salt as I have not even started the season with my first ATG team yet. However I have played quite a bit of '05, '69 and the 80's game.

I think you have too much money in your backup OF, whichever one that is. I don't like Splittorff unless you are playing against a hard LH batting team. A balanced team should kill Splitt. I would drop him for another RP. Outside of Ruth where are your sluggers? You may get outbombed at home in your bomber's park. Based on what I have heard in the ATG forum "the others" will probably say you don't have enough OBP on your team.

just my 2¢
LMBombers

Postby gamiam » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:36 pm

I'm assuming Split is to go against the 56 yankee team. The 1b platoon needs a b/u IMO. When Money goes down, Johnson really can't take up the slack and he will go down a lot. I like the OF, but your cf platoon costs 8 million. Lemon can play both ways OK. I would use the cash somewhere else. I have to ask...why Bush AND Crosetti? With your starting pitching and ball park, Bush's errors will really hurt. I would dump him and bat Cro 8th. Great bullpen. I might dump some salary in starting pitching, and set all starters to quick hook and RP to agressive. You can save some cash that way too. You really could use some more OBP.
gamiam

Postby Bunze0 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:16 am

thanx gamian
Bunze0

Postby Moodymets » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:05 am

The only concern I've ever had with Money (and I'd love to hear what others have to say about this) is that he is pretty pricey for a platoon who is also a substantial injury risk. Minch may be a bit of a downgrade offensively but if he's available, he'd be a nice inexpensive 1B against righties in your park. Meusel likewise may be a problem in that he will add no punch and has the dreaded 15 inj risk. His arm means less in your park IMO. I would seriously upgrade him offensively. Overall, your platoons are nice ones but perhaps a bit too expensive (1b and CF). I'm less concerned about your pitching if you find another bopper for this lineup... downgrade a platoon or two and use the saved $ to see what you can do??? Good luck!
Moodymets

Postby Moodymets » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:11 am

Ohhh... and incidentally, Yul Brenner would have made one HECK of a manager, wouldn't he? Good call bunzeO!!! :wink:
Moodymets

Postby egvrich » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:14 am

Agree with some of what's been said .........

I like Splitorff and think he's a decent value, but, not on this team. Reuther will fine, why keep both???

I like Gedman better than Whitt, but then again, I've never used Whitt. I have had Crandall and Gedman hit 30-40 HR's in a bomber platoon with great defense on a couple of teams.

Bush doesn't fit your park, dump him, use Crosetti only.

Klippstein doesn't fit your park either, too many BP HR's vs. righties.

I like Money, but not in a platoon with Johnson. He'll hold his own against RHP's, just get a cheaper backup with some pop. Or replace both of them with Eddie Murray. Or platoon McCovey with Johnson.

If you made some of these changes, you could probably afford to upgrade to Gehrig at 1st Base.

Another thought, stick Stormin Gorman Thomas out in CF and forget Lemon and Bake????

Just some ideas ....... Good Luck!
egvrich

Postby Roosky » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:20 am

My advice is, do not platoon money, there is no need to do that. Keep bush, get rid of crosetti, lead bush off he will do well. Is there anything better in center than the mcbride/lemon platoon? I lead bush off on a lot of hitting teams and have won many titles with him without a defensive replacement. Go a little cheaper on your starters you have a lot of cheap guys but they won't perform any better than guys like mike moore, ray caldwell, dazzy vance and red faber. Also what is available at catcher, 2b, lf or rf. Meusel is not a good fit in your park, and I would use the money from your starters to up grade your catcher and doerr.
Roosky

Postby Bunze0 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:36 pm

every pitcher you mentioned is gone. and i didnt want to platoon. this is a dh league . got work to do i know. been that way lately. seems the secrets are always gone now. lol
Bunze0

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats