Strat Vet Attempting A Comeback

Strat Vet Attempting A Comeback

Postby Leo / loob » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:42 am

It has been 2 long years since I last played online strat and I think it is time to test the waters once again. I see there are quite a few vets from back when I played and quite a few new strataholics that post here so I could use input from whomever would like to help. My team is going to be at CBP and other parks in the division are Kauffman, PNC, and Safeco. Team so far has Clark, Belliard, Peralta, Abreu, Gomes, Giambi, Tavaras , Branyan/Derosa and Stinnet/Grenne. As soon as I remember how to post my team here properly I will but for time being any thoughts on this group of players would be appreciated !!!! Its good to be back !!! Loobee
Leo / loob

Postby The Biomechanical Man » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:08 pm

Welcome back, Leo. I hope life has been good to you while you were gone. :D
The Biomechanical Man

Postby Leo / loob » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:48 pm

Thanks for the welcome back BioMan !!!!! Life has been going excellent for me. I actually am the Loobee half of Mr. Leo / loob. Leo and I started this account a few years back and kind of tag teamed it for awhile. I am going to take it from the lack of any help with my question is that either A) no one playing the game has ever fielded a winning CBP team. B) No one reads reads these posts anymore like in past years or else C) Everyone wants me to take my lumps and find out the hard way !!! :D I think I may be setting a record for preseason transactions as I have had alot of different lineups everyday so far !!! :lol:
Leo / loob

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:42 pm

D) NFL day

To post your team. Get your user_id (which you find by going to statistics page, by clicking on your team, and by looking at your link), replace it in the following:

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2006/team/team_other.html?user_id=9621
MARCPELLETIER

Postby cummings2 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:48 pm

Ditto on the welcome back Loobee. Let us take a look at that team.

Main difference, apparently from a few years back is the pricing. Marcus has expressed it very well in the Defense Myth debunked thread.

Good luck.

How is Leo? Was in a couple of leagues with him, if memory serves me well he was/ is in pennsylvania. Great guy.

Good luck.
cummings2

Postby Leo / loob » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:57 am

Appreciate it guys !!!! I have noticed the big difference in pricing. Some of the players that would of been under 1 mil. or just a bit above are quite a bit more expensive nowdays. Pretty much like the real game there I suppose. :P Here is the link to my team, hopefully I got it right. http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2006/team/team_other.html?user_id=5585

Mr. Leo is still in Pennsylvania. He moved to Gettysburg a while back and is still sorting out a living arrangement that he likes. He has very limited internet access so he does not have the chance to be on here at the moment. I am sure once he gets everything straightened out he will be back with a vengence. He is a great guy to be in leagues with and he does miss not being able to do battle with everyone. Thanks again guys for responding !!!!! :D Loob
Leo / loob

Postby SCOTTBROWN » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:22 am

Aww, what happened to Peralta? He's one of my favorites this year. Frank will be sure to go down, seen him do well this year and seen him just stink it up.

Good luck and welcome back.
SCOTTBROWN

Postby Leo / loob » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:35 pm

Thanks H.C. , appreciate the welcome back. Good to see another vet still going at it. Peralta I am sad to say had to go when I upgraded from Tavaras to Edmonds. In hindsight I maybe should of downgraded at 2b and kept Peralta but I of course think of this after the season starts !!! :lol:
Leo / loob

Postby FoggyOne » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:33 am

But, Pehralta is priced sweetly for a DH (as are other decent hitters with poor gloves)
FoggyOne

Postby FoggyOne » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:33 am

welcome back.
FoggyOne

Return to Strategy