'12 Angry Men' Chat

Postby Stoney18 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:32 am

I don't want to be difficult but I don't see the purpose of having a draft to pick teams in divisions and then arbitrarily change them so we can load faster.

I completed my draft sheet based on the teams in my division and if it changes then I will want to change.
Stoney18

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:40 am

Actually there's a Time Limit coming up on Durantjerry anyway and the pick would roll to Keyzick.

However, we now have another concern about assigning the final two division spots.

OK, We'll go back to Durantjerry making his pick and there will be no T.L. on this pick. I have a bad headache this morning and this isn't helping.

Hawk - hold up, don't load in The East.
Jeepdriver

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:50 am

My VP just notified me that we're heading out around Noon today to visit several of our stores. I can't believe I'm being dragged out of my comfy office chair! Of course, the timing sucks as I'm in the Central and I don't know when I would get computer access again. Based on the schedule, I could be out until 6 or 7 PM. :evil: :evil: Being away from access for 6 or 7 hours is ridiculous on a week day.

Here are a couple options:
1. I would be happy to enter the East before noon if applicable.
2. I can PM Jeep my TSN User ID and password. Perhaps the commish could go in and load up my team in the Central if needed. I completely trush the commish! (of course, if I see some weird lineup changes in the future when I play Jeep, I may be suspicious! :wink: )

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Don't rush Kev, see below

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:51 am

[u:41af069cf8]In summary:[/u:41af069cf8]

Jack and I are in the East, Terry101 will be in sometime this afternoon, the fourth East team is not decided yet.

All Divisions are as picked, everyone in the Central/West can load at the appropriate time, no rush. Kev notwithstanding.

So Durantjerry is up for pick 11 in the Final Divisional Round. That pick will also decide Keyzick's fate and conclude our draft.
Jeepdriver

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:08 am

If I'm stuck out on the road and can't get home until around 7 or 8PM, I don't want to load in the Central then. That means all 4 West guys would be pinched in getting their teams loaded. Too close for comfort.

I'm here another 3 hours. Hopefully the East will load and it's all OK.
KEVINEHLE

Postby keyzick » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:16 am

When's the clock up on DJ?
keyzick

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:58 am

We're waiting on DJ due to complaints.

And this is going to be my last live draft on the boards. I've done three now in three weeks and it's just too much a hassle. People in general just aren't as consciencious anymore or considerate of other people's time. I'm not speaking to anyone directly here, it's a general thing.

I do these leagues primarily for the enjoyment others get. Everyone seems to like these themes. But it's got to the point where it's a huge hassle Commishing these theme leagues, trying to keep 'em going and everyone on task. Maybe Diamonddope could eliviate some of this, I'll have to see if I can learn to set up a draft there. But on the boards here, geez I pull my hair out constantly.
Jeepdriver

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:19 am

Jeep, the Diamond Dope site is really nice. I was involved in a couple draft recently. Obviously this draft wouldn't work on the site, but the other drafts with 10 or more picks makes a lot of sense. Building Proxies, time limits, etc. are all built in. It's much much faster than any trying to do them on these boards. The commish is certainly less taxed once the draft is built in the system.

I don't blame you, back to back to back leagues has to be exhausting!! The guys all very much appreciate you doing these. Really!!

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby keyzick » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:27 am

I know people didn't want to jump the gun on changing the divisions...but I'm pretty sure the clock on him has expired by now...??
keyzick

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Randy has volunteered to load my team this afternoon in case I don't get home until later tonight. I'm covered.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat