2009 Evil Twin Lge-It's all you, Mike! Artie and West is in!

Postby artie4121 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Kramers,

[u:ddb58aeb91]Just to clarify:[/u:ddb58aeb91]

On our draft card, we should have, [i:ddb58aeb91]at the bottom[/i:ddb58aeb91] as many or as few players we want to keep from our two selected teams plus our Cherry Picked one from round four. Above those would be those players you select from the Six Unchosen Teams.

Once the Autodraft runs, and you see which players you have, everything from THERE is Open Season: In the Frenzy that will follow, anyone is free to take any player on the Free Agent list: (A hint . . . be quick :wink: ) . At the end of the day, if you decide to drop ALL of the players you are getting right now, you can. If you want to KEEP them all, you can too.

My bet is that we'll see some surprises. I'm already happy with a bunch of players . . . are they a "team" yet that I think is competitive . . . :lol:

That is where the Frenzy comes in. . .

Oh, and one more thing: [b:ddb58aeb91]You guys are free to trade franchises or Cherry Picks PRE-draft[/b:ddb58aeb91], but you need to just inform everyone that you are doing it.

For example, I have Houston as my Evil Twin team . . . if someone wants to swap theirs for Houston, just let me know.

Same with the Cherry Picked player in Round 4.

The BEST thing, to me, about this league is that we will be forced to take players that we NEVER would have in a normal draft. . . And be forced to use a ballpark that we would never use. Like lifting a weight you never lifted . . . We'll all get Strato-RIPPED. :roll:

[i:ddb58aeb91]Expect the Unexpected, guys.[/i:ddb58aeb91]
artie4121

Postby The Godfather » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm not super familiar with the inner workings of the Auto Draft but I wanted to ask, would it be better to list all "two franchise/cherry pick" picks at the TOP of the card?

For example, let's say that STL and/or Pujols weren't drafted on the boards (I know they were) and I listed Pujols at the top of my card from an undrafted team. If someone else listed him too, one of my franchise players (Mark Teixeira, for example) may accidentally get awarded to someone else as the Auto Draft engine kicks in, which could snowball down the line. That's a very simplistic example, but you see where I'm going with that. Twelve managers will be trying to pick players off of six rosters, and I'm sure there will be some overlap.

Again, I don't have a whole lot of Auto Draft experience and I'm sure there will be a few computer miscues either way, but I just wanted to bring it up.

Thanks,
Mike
The Godfather

Postby artie4121 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Ok, here is why you put your "selects" on the bottom:

The way the draft works, if only ONE person selects a player, [i:2fe2d104fa]no matter WHERE he is on the draft card (first, last, wherever), [b:2fe2d104fa]that manager gets that player.[/b:2fe2d104fa][/i:2fe2d104fa]

That is what makes this whole thing work.

Let's take Pujols and Tex.

In a "normal" draft, if you picked Pujols on your card in the 1 spot, if you didn't get him, you and all those who were disappointed and didn't get him would instead get the next most expensive 1b. Gonzo, then Tex, etc.

In THIS draft, the person who has St. Louis will, I presume, choose to keep Pujols and [i:2fe2d104fa]because he is the ONLY manager who will have him on their card[/i:2fe2d104fa] he'll get him no matter what. So, if you put him anywhere but lumped in with your other "exclusives" at the bottom of the list, you WILL miss out on the other non-affiliated picks you make.

So, you put your exclusive protected picks LAST, and the ones we're all going to scramble for in the order, at top, that you would normally do.

Any questions?
artie4121

Postby The Godfather » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Ok, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if it would do something like award the next highest rated player at that spot.

Thanks for the clarification, Artie!
The Godfather

Postby artie4121 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:53 pm

FYI, from the rules:

[quote:fd42c49bd0]The Auto-Draft is the process by which players are placed onto the 12 teams in your league based on the player lists that each team filled out. The logic is as follows:

[b:fd42c49bd0]* If a player was selected by only one team, that team gets him.[/b:fd42c49bd0]
* If a player was selected by more than one team:
o The team that ranked that player highest gets him.
o If more than one team tied for ranking that player the highest:
+ That player is randomly awarded to one of those teams that ranked him the same.
o For each team that lost out on a player:
+ The team receives the next highest-priced player that is the same primary position of the original player, that was not selected by any team.
[/quote:fd42c49bd0]
artie4121

Artie you are a genius ...

Postby kramers » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:14 pm

and absolutely right.
kramers

Postby artie4121 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Believe me, the "genius" is in the system. . . and how FAST it is, jeez. Seconds and we have our teams. Always amazes me.
[i:b85da2ca40]
Remember guys, if we finish the WHOLE process by tomorrow at 9, I believe, we can start the league on Monday.[/i:b85da2ca40]
artie4121

Postby tplatypi » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:36 pm

1. Mofos of Mayhem - New York Yankees -- Pittsburgh Pirates
2. CATom - St. Louis Cardinals -- Cleveland Indians
3. Artie412 - Philadelphia Phillies - Houston Astros
4. 7smitty7 - Boston Red Sox - Baltimore Orioles
5. Eddie E - San Francisco Giants - Cincinnati Reds
6. mbrake - LA Dodgers - Washington Nationals
7. tplatypi - Tampa Bay Rays
8. tcochran - Colorado Rockies
9. benchwarmer0924 - LA Angels
10. zim13 - Seattle Mariners
11. andycummings65 - Atlanta Braves
12. kramers - Minnesota Twins
tplatypi

I could be wrong ...

Postby kramers » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:00 pm

but I think we have to have all teams ready by 5:00 pm Friday in order to start play on Monday.
kramers

Postby mbrake » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:01 pm

1. Mofos of Mayhem - New York Yankees -- Pittsburgh Pirates
2. CATom - St. Louis Cardinals -- Cleveland Indians
3. Artie412 - Philadelphia Phillies - Houston Astros
4. 7smitty7 - Boston Red Sox - Baltimore Orioles
5. Eddie E - San Francisco Giants - Cincinnati Reds
6. mbrake - LA Dodgers - Washington Nationals
7. tplatypi - Tampa Bay Rays - KC Royals
8. tcochran - Colorado Rockies
9. benchwarmer0924 - LA Angels
10. zim13 - Seattle Mariners