All rightie league discussion thread.

Postby BobBoone » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 pm

[quote:669599e58d="mighty moose"]Well if I would have known you would change the rules of the game from the way I remembered you had said that the park would be picked in the last round, I would have drafted a stadium earlier.

I think the only thing you can do now is to let everyone have whatever stadium they want and yes, there will be duplicates. But if everyone is using a lefty park, it just slides right into the theme, doesn't it ?[/quote:669599e58d]

This does seem like a very reasonable solution to me. How do the rest of you feel?
BobBoone

Postby Goreds54 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:24 pm

I guess I am one of the culprit's who picked a stadium early. Since one had been picked about 40 picks before me and no one said anything about it, I figured it must be alright to pick a stadium at anytime in the draft. But if the rule was to pick it it the 16th round I apologize and will do whatever the majority wants to do. I am fine with giving it up and taking my chances in the 16th round or let everyone have the stadium they want.
Goreds54

Postby errormagnate » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:34 pm

I think moose's solution is the best and most fair answer to the issue and again I am sorry ofr being one of the culprits. But that does not excuse any of you from being weasels (and yes, that's a joke -lighten up here)
errormagnate

Postby mighty moose » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:42 pm

So that's 4 that are okay with any stadium. That would mean that - if we get further approval of this plan from the rest of the group, (and our esteemed Commissioner) that most of us just do a SKIP on their 16th round pick except for those (2) that picked stadiums, they can pick a player.

I think it would be better (or at least more fun) to have all lefty parks in our division anyway. Really stretch the theme out a bit.
mighty moose

Postby jet40 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Sounds like a fair solution to me.
jet40

Postby emart » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm fine with any stadium. Might as well just finish the draft by picking players in the 16th round then.
emart

Postby BobBoone » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:25 pm

I want to thank all of you for being agreeable with this and helping me get out of this blunder that I created. It was bad enough that I asked for the randomizer and ended up with the first pick, but then to lose control and have the resulting chaos, well, lets just say that I will not be bragging about this one! I still wanna win though!

Thank you all!

Jon.
BobBoone

Postby Roosky » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:53 pm

I cast my vote to be able to use any stadium.
Roosky

Postby Goreds54 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm kind of old fashioned. But I was taught that you did not say something about someone that you would not say to their face. To call someone a jerk or some other name on a computer is cowardly in my opinion. That's the main reason I don't get on the boards much anymore. Someone call's me a name like that and I want to punch their lights out!
Goreds54

Postby bontomn » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm VERY old-fashioned myself, including not checking this thread this morning before I left. I listed my ballpark proxies on the 15th round, since I saw that one had been chosen some time back. I missed all the discussion about waiting until the last round for stadiums. I'll do whatever the commissioner wants me to do, including killing my stadium choice and waiting for my turn in the last round.

I also don't mind allowing managers to have the same ballparks.

And I promise not to get mad if anybody calls me a jerk for my carelessness.

Tom
bontomn

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat