$60M All Lefty Pitching League

Clock!

Postby mjruth » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Yes it is off from approx 12midnight till 9am central time. I say approx cause I have to turn this thing on and off manually in diamonddope unless someone knows how to make it automatic. And I am dumping both! :P LOL! :lol:
mjruth

Postby thetallguy747 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Give it up for the league!

Kevin A
thetallguy747

Stadiums!

Postby mjruth » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Stadiums can only be drafted in round 16.
dinsdale you will have to drop your stadium and pick up a player as soon as you can. Other players will still be picking!
Thx mjruth
mjruth

Skipping

Postby nels52 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Looks like some people were a little liberal on the skip button and the supposed grace period from midnight to 8AM. Oh well, I still got the guy I wanted....

P.S. I AM sorry that I held up the draft
nels52

Postby alvarndc » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Boy, this is getting a little inconsistent.

First, I get a PM from DON FESQon Friday, who I don't know from a whole in the wall, complaining that I am holding up a draft that I didn't even know had started.

Just out of curiousity, how were we supposed to know that the draft started - was there a message sent out? OR were we just supposed to hit refresh every two hours, or every 30 minutes for that matter??

Now this morning (Sunday), AFTER every manager WAS aware the draft was going, AND that the clock would be turned on, I see Nels (who I also don't know from Adam) claiming "people" are liberal on the skip button.

For clarification, I waited an hour after the Diamond Dope drafter said I could go, just to make sure I was being as fair as I could, and that it was AFTER 11Am EST. So I picked.

I mean really, which is it?? Are we trying to move along, or not?

I think we all can do without the snarky "you're wasting my valuable time" type comments.

How about a little recognition that people have lives outside of Strat and that every one really is doing the best they can here. I mean, the season is going to be six weeks long right? It's Sunday, right? We will certainly start next Monday, whether we finish the draft today, yesterday, or this coming Friday.

Seems to be the same people who always complain about "slow" drafting. C'mon -- enjoy the game. Smell the roses. Chill.
alvarndc

Postby alvarndc » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:34 pm

And about divisions: my understanding is that we pick division AFTER drafting, as that is what we did in the other lefty leagues and in the righty leagues.

I agree that this COULD be an important factor in one's strategy. For instance, if one decided to be contrarian and focus on the cheapo LEFTY hitting lefty killers, one could theoretically generate an advantage.

This is a strategy I have used in this theme twice, although not particularly successful. Frankly I am still not sure why it wasn't successful at least on my home record, but that is part of learning.

I definitely don't think it is constructive to denigrate someone else's (potential) strategy. Live and let live. NO ONE has all the answers.

That being said, best of luck to all, and special thanks to the Commish for what promises to be a very entertaining league format.
alvarndc

Postby alvarndc » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:34 pm

I hope there is not some horrible reason why we have hit a snag in picking. Perhaps the Commish can advise, as I see the clock has been turned off. We have plenty of time to finish -- best wishes if someone has experienced an accident or other serious issue.
alvarndc

Something is amiss

Postby BDWard » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Yes, something seems amiss. From what I've seen, errormagnate is an experienced player and a smart guy. Yet, all of his picks have been proxy picks, with the last few being, well, somewhat odd, to be kind. I think he knew that he would be away, didn't want to hold up the draft, so he proxied every pick, got to the bottom of the proxy barrel (which explains the odd picks) and finally ran out of proxy picks this morning. When his draft time expired, I sent him a PM, telling him that his draft turn was about to be skipped, that the draft had obviously moved quicker than he anticipated and that I would hold off on my pick, which was the next one, as long as possible to give him an opportunity to make his pick. That was about 1:30 P.M. on Tuesday and I haven't heard from him since I sent the PM.

Although we are all chomping at the bit to draft, obviously the commish did the right thing by stopping the clock until we can get to the bottom of this.

Let's hope everything is OK and that errormagnate's failure to draft is simply due to computer problems. - Bernie W
BDWard

Postby thetallguy747 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:40 am

SOM site down all day, league draft at a standstill, and a 7.3 earthquake rocking the casbah. Weird day.
thetallguy747

Postby Goreds54 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:08 am

What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here? I say we proceed with the draft. It has been over 24 hours since last pick was made.
Goreds54

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat