NLD 27 - The legend continues!

Postby joethejet » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Smokey,

Yeah, it hasn't been a blazing start for sure.

Interesting to note that the two delays yesterday were caused by people thinking they have their proxies turned on. The delay over the weekend was due to Keyzick not knowing we had started.

I sincerely apologize for this morning. I usually sit right in front of my screen, pretty much all day, but I got called into a meeting I didn't expect.

Not sure what DT's delay was today, but it was only an hour.

It's not unusual for us to start slow, but usually we get moving pretty good.

I hope you change your mind,

Jet
joethejet

Postby keyzick » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Slow drafts may not be ideal, but if we're gonna say "no clock first round and weekends, and 3 hours per pick weekdays", then really can't upset over what's taken place so far. AT missed his window, got skipped, and made up his back after the fact.

Harmless delays as far as I can see.
keyzick

Postby qksilver69 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:48 pm

I thought we had done 2 hrs per pick in previous years? That would help...
qksilver69

Postby bigmahon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:52 pm

It's just one of those things. We started on the weekend. We don't skip people on the weekend. Someone didn't check in to see if we'd started. Big deal. And so far this week a few people have held us up slightly. Again, big deal. The clock is on. What else can we do?

Oh yeah, we can quit. :roll:
bigmahon

Postby joethejet » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:57 pm

[quote:7726e27e0b="qksilver"]I thought we had done 2 hrs per pick in previous years? That would help...[/quote:7726e27e0b]

Naw, it's always been 3 hours.

Jeep's picked. Back to DT.
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Aw you guys suck. You took both my proxies now I gotta go look again. Shouldn't take too long...... :evil:
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Ok, settled on Halladay. Wanted Verlander or Jimenez. :( :cry:

Smokey's turn.
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Big M is up.
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:53 pm

DT on the clock, but I don't think it will expire tonight. He made it by 8 minutes.
joethejet

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 pm

Sorry for forgetting to turn on proxies - unfortunately thought it was auto set on. I certainly do expect to be skipped if my proxies run out (so stop taking them!).

Last 3 drafts have all taken 8-10 days. Based on where we are so far, I expect this draft will likely finish in the same time frame. We always start slow, we always have unexpected delays, and we always pick up speed as the draft progresses.

I can understand the impatience, because i'm an impatient guy myself, so I always feel bad if I caused a delay, but in the end, one thing i've learned as I've gotten older (hard to believe it will soon be 10 years with TSN/SOM) is what exactly is the hurry for??

We only play 3-4 seasons a year, and for me most of the fun comes from the challenge of drafting with some of the most skilled drafters on the site and seeing how it all plays out ... I'm not saying we should dawdle or idle - just that regardless of how fast the draft goes its going to get done, the seasons going to get played, jtj's going to gripe about how bad his team underperforms :P , qksilvers going to make the playoffs and someones going to win.

In the end whether it takes 7, 8 or 9 days - it will get done ... and all this stressing about speed speed speed is just going to give someone an ulcer - and i know cuz i doubt a day goes by without my having to remind myself to take a deep breath and count to 10 because something isnt happening the way i want it to.

Well it never does lol.

Anyways I'll keep loading my proxies and hope you guys understand i will always do my best to keep things moving, just as i know all you guys are doing your best. :)
ArrylT

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat