Leonard Pope Phillies League

I'm loaded......

Postby Ducapa » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:51 am

Thanks Pirhala for putting your stadium in your team name as well. Not saying we all have to but I thought it was a cool idea.
Ducapa

Leonard Pope Tier League Phillies

Postby timklucinec » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:53 am

Bernie fixed my problem. He was very apologetic. He said that shouldn't have happened and will try tomprevent that from happening again. He did say that in the mean time to go the $200 Mil Route and owners and Commish watch that you do don't go over the $140 Mil. That is what the BioMechanical League has done. Drafting the 3 High Priced Players like I did will work also. I will save that team for the second season. Bernie is the man!! I don't care what some guys say. He has always helped when I asked for it. Thanks for everyone's concern.

Tim K
timklucinec

Postby Ducapa » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:23 am

What players did you draft, wasn't Hamilton enough? The less number of non roster players the better. Make sure to put them at the bottom so you don't actually get them. Also, anybody that uses Hamilton as a temporary solution, please make sure you drop any players you rerceive in place of Hamilton from the autodraft immediately if you do not own them so we all have a fair shot at FAs. We should pause the frenzy until 6:05pm so you can drop any FAs that might have been autodrafted.
Ducapa

Leonard Pope Tier League Phillies

Postby timklucinec » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Hamilton, David Murphy and Pujols I think. I forgot to print my list. I wanted to make sure I didn't have any problems.

Tim
timklucinec

Load Central

Postby Ducapa » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Next up Vince and Mike :)

Question if we frenzy at 6pm Monday, will the league start that night since it is a Monday? Should we shoot for tomorrow instead so we have a day to settle our lineups?
Ducapa

Postby travelingjack » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Not sure, but I think if league loads on a Sunday (or Sat) it does not start until the next Monday (7/18)
travelingjack

No

Postby CATom » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:10 pm

League will start on Monday 7/18, a week from this Monday.

Tom
CATom

Postby vince0501 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:58 am

The Motown Braves are the third member of the central division. I will be at work during the draft/ frenzy. Should not be a big deal as all my draftees are my picks plus my two teams.
As others have mentioned. I have really enjoyed this pre- season.. Love all the trading. I am sure once I start tinkering with my lineup and team, more trade options will pop up.
vince0501

Vince/Pirhala

Postby Ducapa » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:17 am

Since our league won't start until 7/18, we can be flexibe on the date/time of the frenzy......I can still change it if there is a better time.
Ducapa

Frenzy

Postby Risden » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:37 am

The free agent waiver frenzy should be a non-event for most teams in the league.

As previously noted by Ducapa, players can be plucked only from the undrafted teams (BAL, CLE, CHC, HOU, KC and PHIL) that have NOT already been drafted.

There are a few decent role players available, but probably no "game-changers". Let's pick a time for the frenzy that is OK with most owners and go from there. But the earlier that we get our teams in the league - the more time for trades, which will be much more meaningful than free agents.
Risden

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat