LOTO O5' HPCC League

Postby cummings2 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:43 pm

No probs Rob, no misunderstanding from your post. I thought it was funny, you ARE right about my pitching staff...quite the magicians going out there in Coors...but at the rate I'm going Amezega will end up giving my a HR for 25K each...not a bad bargain when you add his good glove in SS :D
cummings2

Historically...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:08 am

My top 5 pix are almost always 2 middle IF's, my ace, my closer and whoever is intended to be my team's best hitter...Chuck, your mid IF choices are generally players you may not even have to put on your draftcard.

If you are a Pitching and defense oriented player and use predominantly Pitchers Parks with enuf hitting to win a lot of 1 run games - which I am assuming you are - then it is always ok to go with great range up the middle(Lots of DP's) and stud SP's at the top of your card. 05' was definitely the kind of SP poor year that would cause one to make their top choices the stud Pitchers. But there were so few of them and so hit or miss, that I totally abandoned my normal Pitching rich strategies to pick up what IMO were the best position players, while going with midranged pitching with picks 9-15 and generally taking 5 popular cheapos at the bottom 5, in order to guarantee a high Waiver pick.

The strategy seemed to pay off most of the time. The new weighted waivers, which is definitely more fair top everyone will cause me to draft who I want all the way thru my card...I basically always adapt myself to whatever rules are in place.

So much for comments from the peanut gallery... :lol: :wink: Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

BTW...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:26 am

Since this is my last team of 05'(Unless I make the playoffs with a Wrigley team Friday nite - Interesting league - all 4 East Div teams are vying for the Division and WC and have better records than the 1st place teams in the Central and West Div's.) I thought I would list my favorite BP's and players of 05'...

I'd love to hear some others favorites as well.

Ballparks: Petco, Safeco, Wrigley, Kauffman, SBC

Players:

C - Torrealba(Vs LH) Estrada (Vs RH)

1B - Huff and Giambi (Took them both on every team)

2B - Boone and Miles (Or Hernandez - vs L)

SS - I liked the Everett/Furcal combo for an even 5M on every team.

3B - Glaus/Glaus/Glaus - I liked Huff even better because I could move him over to 3B when Glaus went down.

LF/DH - Bonds - ANY PARK, but especially Wrigley with Glaus behind him at cleanup. Worth every penny of that 16M. My 1st Pick, alomst every team.

CF - Wilkerson - 3 PO OF(+1B) altho only averaged about .200 cumulatively, always gave me 25-35 HR's 100+ runs and 80+ RBI in the 1 or 2 spot - his speed also kept me out of DP's.

RF - Ford - Aside from the high DP's(Which I was able to avoid with either Furcal or Everett in the 9 spot), his versatility in the OF, along with his speed and high OBA, as well as good power vs the leftside) always gave me 100 runs scored at the top of the order. Definitely one of the great 05' values at 4.45M. OR
- Ichiro - Overpriced for a singles hitter, but definitely a 1-3 pick at Petco or Fenway.

Lets hear some other players choices for 05'. Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby cummings2 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:54 am

Hmmm...05 in a nutshell for me:

Most beloved, soon to be missed BPs:

1. Safeco
2. Angels
3. Fenway

Players:

C. Schneider, Matheny, Mauer

1B. Dunn, Erstad, Thome

2B. My man Pokey!, Pokey, Pokey, (then Harris and B. Roberts)

3B. Mora, Figgins, Beltre

SS Rey Sanchez, Amezega, Izturis

LF Dave Roberts, Crawford, Dejesus, Kielty

CF Juan Pierre, Andrew Jones

RF Vladdy, Ichiro

DH Burke, Abreu,

My Kiss 'em Goodbyes...players that always did me bad: Rollins and Brady Clark

Favorite card...no doubt'a 'bout it: Randy J...NEVER got him in any draft :cry:
cummings2

Postby cummings2 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:55 am

[quote:1475fd38ae]Chuck, your mid IF choices are generally players you may not even have to put on your draftcard[/quote:1475fd38ae]

:lol: :lol:
cummings2

Postby Jerlins » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:07 am

Here's my list for the 05 set:

C: Pratt/Estrada. Not working so well in the current league, but overall can't beat the never miss a beat due to injury combo. Honorable mention was Buck in a hitters park.

1st: Adam Dunn. My many Safeco teams and other parks enjoyed his production. Always in my top 3 pre-draft rankings.

2nd: Roberts or Belliard: Defense, defense, defense. Castillo too, but rarely got him.

SS: Well, he rarely got any at bats on my team, but Amezaga was a must on my teams

3rd: Castillo and Gomez: If there was a better bargain in this set than Gomez, I never found him.

OF: Wilkerson: Always in my top 3 pre-draft, great success with him in any park.

OF: Began most of my teams with Kotsay, ended most of my teams with Finley.

OF: Drew. Limited experience, lots of success.

DH: Ok, maybe one better bargain than Gomez. His name is Matt Lawton.

P: Maroth for the cheap, Lilly for the mid range, and Santana for the pricey.

RP: Putz for the cheap, Torres mid range, and Lidge

Ballpark: Safeco
Jerlins

Gomez was a great bargain...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:38 am

For a 4 PO IF who hit either side well as a bU or starter vs LHP. My favorite bargain was Huff. For 3.44M you got a 3 Pos player who hit BOTH sides well. I always liked to carry 3-4 LHH who could hit LHP on my team due to the abundance of tough LH Reverse Pitchers widely used in 05'.

Huffs value always went even highewr for me because of the Bonds/Glaus combination, cuz he could fill in at 3b whenever glaus went down w/out a huge drop in production. I don't know how to post a team link, but I'd like to show everyone a couple of leagues worth of Bonds/Glaus damage.

Gotta' go to work. Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Mon May 01, 2006 6:10 pm

Oh how the mighty have fallen! Ok, ok, so my team was never mighty and well TECHNICALLY they never fell, you have to have been on your feet first to fall... :roll: :roll: :roll:
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Wed May 03, 2006 7:52 am

Where the heck is everybody???

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby Stoney18 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:16 am

I stayed quite so I would jinx my team into losing 10 straight games.

Now that I know I'll make the playoffs I can jinx my team for then.

I think Jerlins and I match up pretty well but you always have to give the edge to the team with the best pitching in the playoffs so it may be sayonara for the Bad Boys.

It's been fun watching them score this year.
Last edited by Stoney18 on Wed May 03, 2006 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stoney18

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat