The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:45 am

Against. No biggie if it carries the majority, but I agree with Ninersphan.

One thing that didn't really happen this year was the trading of draft picks. If someone is really struggling in this or any other season, they have a lot of power in their hands due to high draft selections in a standard (non-serpentine) draft. In other words, there are avenues to attempt to rebuild.

If things grow too stagnant (same teams winning/same teams losing every year), we could lower the number of keepers. 25-30 was thrown out initially as a relatively high starting point, but I don't think it should be written in stone. Not if it makes things boring.
MICHAELJURACEK

Postby Cubit » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:03 am

It seems that with our current roster size and budgets we have more than enough opportunities to sort and switch. I have nothing particularly against flexibility in season-- indeed there are a lot of SOMO leagues I wish that would allow a supplementary draft mid-season!-- but I see no need here and I do have to agree with Niner that it dilutes next year's draft even more.

I will vote against and see how the other folks feel.
Cubit

Postby Stoney18 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:18 am

Good points that I didn't think about earlier. I agree and wouldn't want to dilute next years draft and am changing my vote to no.
Stoney18

Postby nythawk129921 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:58 am

I am against the idea as well even though my team REALLY sucks again
nythawk129921

Postby cirills » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:00 am

Wow.

I really didn't think that taking two more players would do that (up to 24 max) out of a remaining [size=15:c9694fcee2][b:c9694fcee2]755[/b:c9694fcee2][/size:c9694fcee2] players left. :shock:

My goal again, was to help the teams that don't do well in the first season have something either to help them or look forward to in the future.

I really didn't see mass dilution. I think y'all are overstating it just a tad. :wink:

I guess my next proposal of reducing the number of forced drops the next year (currently 10) won't fly with this group either. :roll:
cirills

Postby Ninersphan » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:55 am

Just giving the other side of the coin, that's all. and I think you're overstating how many players arte left to draft. 755 seems a little high after 480 are already gone from our 40 man rosters, but I don't have the exact numbers so I could be wrong.

I just would rather have the following years draft have as much impact as possible, that's all.

Again it's just a different opinion, and it won't upset me if it passes, just not my preference.

4 votes for
2 vote against
Ninersphan

Postby cirills » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:14 am

I wouldn't quote a number that didn't exist. :roll:

That IS the current number, trust me. :(

And what confuses me, is that the 4 of you who just weighed in ALL jumped into Qk's keeper league where the Supplemental Drafts will be up to EIGHT rounds and there is NO minimum on the amount that have to be released prior to the following year's FA Draft. :?

I hope y'all realize that. :wink:
cirills

Postby Ninersphan » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:19 am

[quote:62c36fad2b]the Supplemental Draft will be up to EIGHT rounds and there is NO minimum on the amount that have to be released the following year. [/quote:62c36fad2b]

I didn't but I'll live with it.

Again I wasn't trying to start a big tempest in a teapot, hell my team benefitted greatly from the supplemental draft. I got Turnbow, Seo and Castillo, which may have deked to people into thinking I wouldn't take a 2b so high in the regular draft.

So I'm fine either way, just giving some food for thought.

I should have know the number was right. Now how many of the 855 are really [i:62c36fad2b]usable[/i:62c36fad2b] :wink:
Ninersphan

Postby cirills » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:27 am

Now THAT is a different question. :wink: :lol: :lol: :P

And I didn't take it the wrong way mind you, I just thought it odd considering what y'all just had committed to in the other league. :? :P
cirills

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:46 am

Sandlot, I don't think the problem is the number of players being slected in an extra 2 rounds of a supplemental draft. The problem is who is being selected- the who is almost invariably going to be the cream of the crop of players having excellent real-life 2006 seasons who aren't currently taken. Adding 2 rounds just skims more cream.

The idea of the supplemental draft really isn't to help bad current teams get better in a second go-round of the same season. I think that's unlikely, because there's very little of quality left from the current season's set of cards. Those teams almost have to play for the future, and they get a nice head start with the supplemental draft. If those teams really want to improve in the current season, the only way a supplemental draft is probably going to make a big difference is if they're willing to accept good 2005 players from other teams in exchange for their high draft picks. Teams that are in the middle to the top have more options, depending on whether the owner is prioritizing improving for the second go-round, or for the future.

And I like the 25-30 number, I was just throwing out lowering it as a potential way to increase the talent available in FA drafts, if people think there's too much stagnation.
MICHAELJURACEK

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat