The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby kaviksdad » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:26 pm

Aye on both - :wink:
kaviksdad

Postby cirills » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:07 am

Ok guys -- I know I am going to cause a couple of you to groan, BUT I have two more proposals to put to you. I PROMISE though, that barring any odd occurances, that THESE will be the LAST.

I am simply trying to make this the best it can be. The first one revisits the discussion that almost caused us a significant delay at the start -- DIVISIONAL ALIGNMENT. I have been thinking about this a lot and think I have come up with a good solution. Special Thanks to KD and Mike J as it were their comments especially that led to this first proposal.

[b:ef7f7e2838][size=15:ef7f7e2838]PROPOSAL # 1[/size:ef7f7e2838][/b:ef7f7e2838] -- We change the Divisional Alignment structure so that Divisions will not be aligned via this English Premiere Soccer League Rotaion method (sorry FD :oops: ). Instead we adopt the following:

[b:ef7f7e2838]Heading INTO the start of a NEW YEAR -- the Divisions (AND the FREE AGENT DRAFT ORDER) will be in order of the previous year's total combined standings.[/b:ef7f7e2838] Any ties will be broken by; 1. Head to Head results and if need be; 2. Greatest positive RS-RA differential. The league will be formed such that the EAST will be teams 1-4, the CENTRAL 5-8 and the WEST 9-12.

[b:ef7f7e2838]After our first season of play in that given year, the Divisions will be realigned (AND the ORDER OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT) based on the Win/Loss pct. of that season with the same tie-breaking procedures. [/b:ef7f7e2838]

***NOTE*** -- This year's (really last year's) Supplemental Draft was based on our Order of Merit Standings (where we give bonuses for playoff and World Series Appearances) but to make it simple and fair (since luck plays a big portion in playoffs), we will leave those bonuses JUST for the Order of Merit from now on and base our Draft Orders strictly on Win/Loss pcts.

[b:ef7f7e2838]After the Second Season is completed the following year's FIRST SEASON DIVISONS (and the FA Draft Order) will be determined by the COMBINED winning pcts. of BOTH seasons [/b:ef7f7e2838](again with the top four teams being in the EAST and the bottom 4 teams being in the WEST).

It was KD that said adopting a system like this would eliminate confusion and personally I like it because I think it gives everyone a better chance to compete at the same level. If you consistently do well you will be at the top, but if you can't hang there you go back down.

*** Please note that it will be our Order of Merit ONLY in which the special post-season bonuses will be added in to keep track of our overall points leader. ***

Let me know what y'all think and please vote:

Ayes: 2 (Sandy, KD)
Nays: 0

Remaining: 11 (Qk/Cubit, Stoney, FD, NP, AFD, Ineluki, Bubba, Hawk, Big, and D-T)

[b:ef7f7e2838][size=15:ef7f7e2838]PROPOSAL # 2[/size:ef7f7e2838][/b:ef7f7e2838] -- This has to do with our [b:ef7f7e2838]Chosen Parks[/b:ef7f7e2838]. Our current charter calls for us to be committed to our parks for the first three YEARS of our existence.

However, as it is now in QK's Keeper League, [b:ef7f7e2838]I am proposing that we adopt the similar rule of allowing the choice of a different park for each SEASON we play. [/b:ef7f7e2838]

My reason for this is as follows. While it IS the intent of this league to recreate as close as possible what it's like to be the GM of your own team -- we have to acknowledge that in Real Baseball -- the park results do NOT change as liberally as they do here in SOM unless they; 1) drastically altear those dimensions or 2) drastically alter the makeup of their team (ie; going with more LH or RH's depending on the players they have coming up). While they have the understanding of what they are doing we are then sort of trapped by their results. So that nice LH park we have has suddenly become neutral or in fact now favors RH's. Being "stuck" with that for 3 years doesn't seem fair. Also, by being allowed to change parks after each season, an owner whose team has NOT faired well gets a change to see how his team will perform under a different set of conditions. If you LIKE your current stadium then by all means you may stay, [b:ef7f7e2838]but I am proposing that if you WANT to leave then you may choose to so, via (like the Drafts) the inverse order of the win/loss pcts.[/b:ef7f7e2838]
Again, feel free to share your thought and please vote:

Ayes: 2 (Sandy, KD)

Remaining: 11 (Qk/Cubit, Stoney, FD, NP, AFD, Ineluki, Bubba, Hawk, Big, and D-T)

If you have made it this far then you are TRULY committed and think that I should be committed (to an institution). You have my sincere thanks.
cirills

Postby kaviksdad » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:56 am

I don't recommend "having you committed" be put up for vote... :lol: :lol: :lol:
kaviksdad

Postby Stoney18 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:06 am

Aye for all three votes. :wink:
Stoney18

Postby cirills » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:08 am

Ok guys -- I know I am going to cause a couple of you to groan, BUT I have two more proposals to put to you. I PROMISE though, that barring any odd occurances, that THESE will be the LAST.

I am simply trying to make this the best it can be. The first one revisits the discussion that almost caused us a significant delay at the start -- DIVISIONAL ALIGNMENT. I have been thinking about this a lot and think I have come up with a good solution. Special Thanks to KD and Mike J as it were their comments especially that led to this first proposal.

[b:45c035e81c][size=15:45c035e81c]PROPOSAL # 1[/size:45c035e81c][/b:45c035e81c] -- We change the Divisional Alignment structure so that Divisions will not be aligned via this English Premiere Soccer League Rotaion method (sorry FD :oops: ). Instead we adopt the following:

[b:45c035e81c]Heading INTO the start of a NEW YEAR -- the Divisions (AND the FREE AGENT DRAFT ORDER) will be in order of the previous year's total combined standings.[/b:45c035e81c] Any ties will be broken by; 1. Head to Head results and if need be; 2. Greatest positive RS-RA differential. The league will be formed such that the EAST will be teams 1-4, the CENTRAL 5-8 and the WEST 9-12.

[b:45c035e81c]After our first season of play in that given year, the Divisions will be realigned (AND the ORDER OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT) based on the Win/Loss pct. of that season with the same tie-breaking procedures. [/b:45c035e81c]

***NOTE*** -- This year's (really last year's) Supplemental Draft was based on our Order of Merit Standings (where we give bonuses for playoff and World Series Appearances) but to make it simple and fair (since luck plays a big portion in playoffs), we will leave those bonuses JUST for the Order of Merit from now on and base our Draft Orders strictly on Win/Loss pcts.

[b:45c035e81c]After the Second Season is completed the following year's FIRST SEASON DIVISONS (and the FA Draft Order) will be determined by the COMBINED winning pcts. of BOTH seasons [/b:45c035e81c](again with the top four teams being in the EAST and the bottom 4 teams being in the WEST).

It was KD that said adopting a system like this would eliminate confusion and personally I like it because I think it gives everyone a better chance to compete at the same level. If you consistently do well you will be at the top, but if you can't hang there you go back down.

*** Please note that it will be our Order of Merit ONLY in which the special post-season bonuses will be added in to keep track of our overall points leader. ***

Ayes: 3 (Sandy, KD, Stoney)

Remaining: 11 (Qk/Cubit, FD, NP, AFD, Ineluki, Bubba, Hawk, Big, and D-T)

[b:45c035e81c][size=15:45c035e81c]PROPOSAL # 2[/size:45c035e81c][/b:45c035e81c] -- This has to do with our [b:45c035e81c]Chosen Parks[/b:45c035e81c]. Our current charter calls for us to be committed to our parks for the first three YEARS of our existence.

However, as it is now in QK's Keeper League, [b:45c035e81c]I am proposing that we adopt the similar rule of allowing the choice of a different park for each SEASON we play. [/b:45c035e81c]

My reason for this is as follows. While it IS the intent of this league to recreate as close as possible what it's like to be the GM of your own team -- we have to acknowledge that in Real Baseball -- the park results do NOT change as liberally as they do here in SOM unless they; 1) drastically altear those dimensions or 2) drastically alter the makeup of their team (ie; going with more LH or RH's depending on the players they have coming up). While they have the understanding of what they are doing we are then sort of trapped by their results. So that nice LH park we have has suddenly become neutral or in fact now favors RH's. Being "stuck" with that for 3 years doesn't seem fair. Also, by being allowed to change parks after each season, an owner whose team has NOT faired well gets a change to see how his team will perform under a different set of conditions. If you LIKE your current stadium then by all means you may stay, [b:45c035e81c]but I am proposing that if you WANT to leave then you may choose to so, via (like the Drafts) the inverse order of the win/loss pcts.[/b:45c035e81c]

Ayes: 3 (Sandy, KD, Stoney)

Remaining: 11 (Qk/Cubit, FD, NP, AFD, Ineluki, Bubba, Hawk, Big, and D-T)

If you have made it this far then you are TRULY committed and think that I should be committed (to an institution). You have my sincere thanks.
cirills

Postby qksilver69 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:23 am

Count me & Cubit as "ayes" thanks, on both of the above....
qksilver69

Postby Ninersphan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:23 am

[size=18:d16e3bfa4c][b:d16e3bfa4c]PROPOSAL # 1[/b:d16e3bfa4c][/size:d16e3bfa4c] -- We change the Divisional Alignment structure so that Divisions will not be aligned via this English Premiere Soccer League Rotaion method (sorry FD ). Instead we adopt the following:

[b:d16e3bfa4c]Heading INTO the start of a NEW YEAR -- the Divisions (AND the FREE AGENT DRAFT ORDER) will be in order of the previous year's total combined standings.[/b:d16e3bfa4c] Any ties will be broken by; 1. Head to Head results and if need be; 2. Greatest positive RS-RA differential. The league will be formed such that the EAST will be teams 1-4, the CENTRAL 5-8 and the WEST 9-12.

[b:d16e3bfa4c]After our first season of play in that given year, the Divisions will be realigned (AND the ORDER OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT) based on the Win/Loss pct. of that season with the same tie-breaking procedures. [/b:d16e3bfa4c]

[b:d16e3bfa4c]***NOTE*** [/b:d16e3bfa4c]-- This year's (really last year's) Supplemental Draft was based on our Order of Merit Standings (where we give bonuses for playoff and World Series Appearances) but to make it simple and fair (since luck plays a big portion in playoffs), we will leave those bonuses JUST for the Order of Merit from now on and base our Draft Orders strictly on Win/Loss pcts.

[b:d16e3bfa4c]After the Second Season is completed the following year's FIRST SEASON DIVISONS (and the FA Draft Order) will be determined by the COMBINED winning pcts. of BOTH seasons [/b:d16e3bfa4c](again with the top four teams being in the EAST and the bottom 4 teams being in the WEST).

Ayes: 4 (Sandy, KD, Stoney, NP, qk/cubit)

Remaining: 11 (Qk/Cubit, FD, AFD, Ineluki, Bubba, Hawk, Big, and D-T)

[size=18:d16e3bfa4c][b:d16e3bfa4c]PROPOSAL # 2[/b:d16e3bfa4c][/size:d16e3bfa4c] -- This has to do with our [b:d16e3bfa4c]Chosen Parks.[/b:d16e3bfa4c] Our current charter calls for us to be committed to our parks for the first three YEARS of our existence.

However, as it is now in QK's Keeper League, [b:d16e3bfa4c]I am proposing that we adopt the similar rule of allowing the choice of a different park for each SEASON we play. [/b:d16e3bfa4c]

My reason for this is as follows. While it IS the intent of this league to recreate as close as possible what it's like to be the GM of your own team -- we have to acknowledge that in Real Baseball -- the park results do NOT change as liberally as they do here in SOM unless they; 1) drastically altear those dimensions or 2) drastically alter the makeup of their team (ie; going with more LH or RH's depending on the players they have coming up). While they have the understanding of what they are doing we are then sort of trapped by their results. So that nice LH park we have has suddenly become neutral or in fact now favors RH's. Being "stuck" with that for 3 years doesn't seem fair. Also, by being allowed to change parks after each season, an owner whose team has NOT faired well gets a change to see how his team will perform under a different set of conditions. If you LIKE your current stadium then by all means you may stay, [b:d16e3bfa4c]but I am proposing that if you WANT to leave then you may choose to so, via (like the Drafts) the inverse order of the win/loss pcts. [/b:d16e3bfa4c]

Ayes: 4 (Sandy, KD, Stoney, qk/cubit)
Nays: 1 (NP)

WHEW, I really wish the BOLD ITALICs etc, would copy and paste as well as the text. :shock:
Ninersphan

Postby cirills » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:38 am

[b:39905011de][size=15:39905011de]PROPOSAL # 1[/size:39905011de][/b:39905011de] -- We change the Divisional Alignment structure so that Divisions will not be aligned via this English Premiere Soccer League Rotaion method (sorry FD :oops: ). Instead we adopt the following:

[b:39905011de]Heading INTO the start of a NEW YEAR -- the Divisions (AND the FREE AGENT DRAFT ORDER) will be in order of the previous year's total combined standings.[/b:39905011de] Any ties will be broken by; 1. Head to Head results and if need be; 2. Greatest positive RS-RA differential. The league will be formed such that the EAST will be teams 1-4, the CENTRAL 5-8 and the WEST 9-12.

[b:39905011de]After our first season of play in that given year, the Divisions will be realigned (AND the ORDER OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT) based on the Win/Loss pct. of that season with the same tie-breaking procedures. [/b:39905011de]

[b:39905011de]After the Second Season is completed the following year's FIRST SEASON DIVISONS (and the FA Draft Order) will be determined by the COMBINED winning pcts. of BOTH seasons [/b:39905011de](again with the top four teams being in the EAST and the bottom 4 teams being in the WEST).

[b:39905011de]Ayes: 5 (Sandy, KD, Stoney, NP, qk/cubit) [/b:39905011de]

[b:39905011de][size=15:39905011de]PROPOSAL # 2[/size:39905011de][/b:39905011de] -- This has to do with our [b:39905011de]Chosen Parks[/b:39905011de]. Our current charter calls for us to be committed to our parks for the first three YEARS of our existence.

However, as it is now in QK's Keeper League, [b:39905011de]I am proposing that we adopt the similar rule of allowing the choice of a different park for each SEASON we play. [/b:39905011de]

My reason for this is as follows. While it IS the intent of this league to recreate as close as possible what it's like to be the GM of your own team -- we have to acknowledge that in Real Baseball -- the park results do NOT change as liberally as they do here in SOM unless they; 1) drastically altear those dimensions or 2) drastically alter the makeup of their team (ie; going with more LH or RH's depending on the players they have coming up). While they have the understanding of what they are doing we are then sort of trapped by their results. So that nice LH park we have has suddenly become neutral or in fact now favors RH's. Being "stuck" with that for 3 years doesn't seem fair. Also, by being allowed to change parks after each season, an owner whose team has NOT faired well gets a change to see how his team will perform under a different set of conditions. If you LIKE your current stadium then by all means you may stay, [b:39905011de]but I am proposing that if you WANT to leave then you may choose to so, via (like the Drafts) the inverse order of the win/loss pcts.[/b:39905011de]

And I wish you could count NP! :P (jk)

It's easy for me since I can go to an earlier one and check "edit". :wink:

So, just post your votes and I'll "edit". :D
cirills

Postby Ninersphan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:42 am

Jeeze try and save sombody a little work...

You're like the news director I had who would bitch about a lower third that had a typo, meanwhile I had just saved his entire A block from collapsing because his live shot $#it the bed 30 seconds before air and the producer froze up.

(Joking of course) :wink:
Ninersphan

Postby cirills » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:48 am

[b:6b165c83b2][size=15:6b165c83b2]PROPOSAL # 1[/size:6b165c83b2][/b:6b165c83b2] -- We change the Divisional Alignment structure so that Divisions will not be aligned via this English Premiere Soccer League Rotaion method (sorry FD :oops: ). Instead we adopt the following:

[b:6b165c83b2]Heading INTO the start of a NEW YEAR -- the Divisions (AND the FREE AGENT DRAFT ORDER) will be in order of the previous year's total combined standings.[/b:6b165c83b2] Any ties will be broken by; 1. Head to Head results and if need be; 2. Greatest positive RS-RA differential. The league will be formed such that the EAST will be teams 1-4, the CENTRAL 5-8 and the WEST 9-12.

[b:6b165c83b2]After our first season of play in that given year, the Divisions will be realigned (AND the ORDER OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT) based on the Win/Loss pct. of that season with the same tie-breaking procedures. [/b:6b165c83b2]

[b:6b165c83b2]After the Second Season is completed the following year's FIRST SEASON DIVISONS (and the FA Draft Order) will be determined by the COMBINED winning pcts. of BOTH seasons [/b:6b165c83b2](again with the top four teams being in the EAST and the bottom 4 teams being in the WEST).

[b:6b165c83b2]Ayes: 5 (Sandy, KD, Stoney, NP, qk/cubit) [/b:6b165c83b2]

[b:6b165c83b2][size=15:6b165c83b2]PROPOSAL # 2[/size:6b165c83b2][/b:6b165c83b2] -- This has to do with our [b:6b165c83b2]Chosen Parks[/b:6b165c83b2]. Our current charter calls for us to be committed to our parks for the first three YEARS of our existence.

However, as it is now in QK's Keeper League, [b:6b165c83b2]I am proposing that we adopt the similar rule of allowing the choice of a different park for each SEASON we play. [/b:6b165c83b2]

My reason for this is as follows. While it IS the intent of this league to recreate as close as possible what it's like to be the GM of your own team -- we have to acknowledge that in Real Baseball -- the park results do NOT change as liberally as they do here in SOM unless they; 1) drastically altear those dimensions or 2) drastically alter the makeup of their team (ie; going with more LH or RH's depending on the players they have coming up). While they have the understanding of what they are doing we are then sort of trapped by their results. So that nice LH park we have has suddenly become neutral or in fact now favors RH's. Being "stuck" with that for 3 years doesn't seem fair. Also, by being allowed to change parks after each season, an owner whose team has NOT faired well gets a change to see how his team will perform under a different set of conditions. If you LIKE your current stadium then by all means you may stay, [b:6b165c83b2]but I am proposing that if you WANT to leave then you may choose to so, via (like the Drafts) the inverse order of the win/loss pcts.[/b:6b165c83b2]

Touche! :)
cirills

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat