Round 3 - Let's go for a dozen leagues!!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

oakey-doakey

Postby bleacher_creature » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:49 am

[quote:82d0d5a6ea]Meanwhile, since I now know that's really what you want, I'll go back and put my AD picks at the bottom.[/quote:82d0d5a6ea]

Me too.
bleacher_creature

Postby cummings2 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:03 am

Wow...I...you know what, whatever guys.

I just asked a question.

My bad. I guess I'll just keep my trap shut from now on.

So. I am listing my LDs 1-17 and ADs 18-25. That's all I wanted to know.

BTW, Teepacks quote comes from a thread in this forum "Have the specifics of Event 3 been decided?"

http://forums-beta.sportingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=88621

Let me know when the west is ready to load.
cummings2

Postby mesquiton » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:43 am

[quote:2ebc1a2ab7]Since you seem still to be the last one in mesquiton, could you not do as you suggest, i.e. pull out, reorder, and reenter?[/quote:2ebc1a2ab7]
done 8)
mesquiton

Postby savguy73 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:58 am

Teams in the west, just watch the number of teams column in the screen where you choose a private league. Right now it says six teams. When it says eight, then we can enter the league.

Thanks for the hard work Cubit. You are the commissioner and have been an excellent leader through a tough and frustrating draft.

My last 8 auto-draft players are listed at the end of the draft, as directed by Cubit.

I'll be attending Dodgers at Twins today, so I'll be out of touch for a while, but will be back in tonight. Should I bring a broom? Though Minnesota is 16-2 lately, they have only made up a half game on the equally not Tigers.
savguy73

Postby casmith528 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:26 am

all i know is i have been trying to enter a team since last night and sporting news will not let me in, keeps timing out and saying the following message. i will continue to try throughout the day today
cas

"Due to high volumes on our site the page is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you are unable to make an urgent fantasy roster move you can send the transaction you would like to make to escalation@sportingnews.com. SportingNews.com will only honor roster moves that are submitted BEFORE gametime. To ensure that your transaction is handled correctly please include the following information:

your username
your team name
the game you’re playing
the specific transaction you would like to make

As soon as we receive this information, we will process your request.

-SportingNews.com
casmith528

Postby casmith528 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:59 am

The Proxy Lists have entered the central division, there is still 1 team missing from this division.

cas
casmith528

Postby Cubit » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:54 am

Comment from a wi-fi hotspot:

"Sigh..."
Cubit

BleacherCreature, please complete the Central

Postby Cubit » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:05 am

Well, I appreciate getting LAST YEAR'S TOUR rules for historical reference, thank you mesquiton.

[quote:fae7b1808a="mesquiton"]Cubit, as I said, my only concern was that we all be on the same page. But I was confused by your original post, as it seemed contrary to the rules. I assumed we were following the same rules as last year, and I read your post in that light. I don't care how we do it, but here are the Tour Live Draft rules I was referring to:

[quote:fae7b1808a]5) The live drafts will consist of 18 rounds, which includes stadium (which can be picked at any time during the draft). [b:fae7b1808a]The last eight players will be determined through the TSN autodraft engine. All live drafts will be conducted using Penngray’s software. When filling out your draft cards, please rank your eight non-drafted players first, then your 17 drafted players.[/b:fae7b1808a] All players taken during the live draft must be on your autodraft card. Failure to do so will result in a penalty of 10 Tour points for each player.

The 10-point penalty can be avoided if the manager does ALL of the following:

A) Announce his mistake to the league via a message to every manager in the league and then proclaim his intention to pick the player back up during waivers. He must do this by 9 p.m. ET on the night after the draft runs (i.e., the day BEFORE the waivers process).
B) Cut his most expensive non-live drafted player prior to 12 p.m. ET on the day waivers are scheduled to run.
C) Use his first waiver claim on the player he left off his draft card; if he decides to release a player in conjunction with this claim, the player he releases must be one of the additional eight players he picked up during the autodraft and cannot be one of the players he selected in the live draft. In addition, he must announce which player he will be releasing so that every manager will be aware that this player will be in the free agent pool immediately after the waivers conclude.

If a manager leaves two players he live drafted off his draft card, he must follow each of the steps above for BOTH players he did not draft, which means he has to cut his two most expensive non-live drafted players by 12 p.m. ET on the day waivers are scheduled to run AND use his first two waiver picks to pick up his live drafted players.

If a manager leaves three or more players he live drafted off his draft card, he is fined 10 points per player more than 2, assuming he adheres to A and B in this section. If a manager chooses not to do ALL OF THE ABOVE, he will be penalized 10 points off his Tour point total for EACH player he left off his draft card and did not pick back up during waivers.

In addition, if you mistakenly autodraft a player that belongs to another manager, you must trade him back to the rightful manager PRIOR to waivers. Failure to do so will result in a penalty of 10 Tour points.[/b][/quote:fae7b1808a]

I'm guessing these are the rules teepack is going by. But I forgot they were not included at the start of this year, because nobody knew then if Penn's site would be available for live drafts. However, they were in effect last year, and from teepack's posts, it seems he considers them still in effect this year.

As I recall, they were adopted to address problems that came up in the past. The reason for putting all AD picks at the top was to prevent anybody from doing so "illegally" to guarantee they'd get all their picks.

I'd suggest teepack re-post these rules for future live drafts.

Meanwhile, since I now know that's really what you want, I'll go back and put my AD picks at the bottom.[/quote:fae7b1808a]

Msq I fully acknowledge that you have caught me out here and I acknowledge my inconsistency with what some may have considered THIS YEAR'S UNWRITTEN RULES. You will note that most of the rest of that process was not posted by teepack this year, probably to avoid us all going nuts with rules battles. (I also note that the powers of players to be that devious rather surprises me and only shows my own lack of imagination, I guess. I don't know how much fun it would be to play a game when you've cheated, especially when there is no money on the table, but I degress.)

I do appreciate very much your efforts to keep us on track, and there really seem to have been few real costs considering casmith's difficulties getting into TSN. In any event let us proceed with entering our clubs with the rosters as described in my Enter post--- our 17 players on the card first, then the last 8. No "mistakes" please.

So what happened to the rest of the entries?? Good to have you in casmith528, but we still seem to be missing 1 in the Central! :roll:

BleacherCreature is still out, then. Let's complete te Central and move on to the West. We should get everyone else in by tonight. I am absolutely against this going another day and forcing a waiver on the weekend!
Cubit

Postby kcm0711 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:02 pm

I entered this league 18 days ago. It seems longer.
kcm0711

Postby cummings2 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:19 pm

I am having a whole bunch of problems wit this site and I simply can't get to penn's. This page has taken me 4 times to reload in trying to finally get to it.

Penn's I simply can't get to.

Anybody having similar probs
cummings2

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship