g nelson or quiz?

Postby Munich_Man » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:25 am

And hey, I'm an adopted manager in this league as well. I'm really liking what I was able to do with what I was given. :D

(_)ß
Munich_Man

Postby Bunze0 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:29 am

yes munich i love what you did also. i think im weak in hitting. but i tried to go obp due to division foes. i never played true small ball before. i hope you guys let me stay in the race awhile. haha or atleast invite me to the party. the victory celebration.
Bunze0

Postby Bunze0 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:36 am

ill give mr wilson a try. if he bombs out. munich you have to buy the first round in vegas next year when i go. deal?? haha and if he holds is own the round is on me.
Bunze0

Postby Sheikyerboudi » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:56 pm

Quiz was one of the "golden boys" of ATG I, kind of what Garber is to ATG II, except cheaper!!!! Alas, the influx of hitting into ATG II has rendered "The Quiz" unusable. My vote would be for Nelson also - however, I have NEVER had any success with him. He has a great card, and so does Tris Speaker (another guy that just doesn't play up to his "card chances"). I mean, if you really look at Konstanty in a pitchers park, he has a great card - but invairiably he underperforms. I'm sure it has something to do with the "strat-gods" and their anti-laws of probability. But I digress - Nelson is the correct answer to your question.
Sheikyerboudi

Postby APS1 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:05 pm

I've had success with Nelson...never tried Quiz...Hernandez always seems to be the hot closer :wink:
APS1

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats